I realised that I wanted to help people and their businesses more directly and so my business was born in 2005 and my new life in Shropshire began.
My first client was an online media business where I learnt every aspect of running a small business. Since then I have taken on a variety of clients providing social media advice, training and 121 business sounding board sessions.
The social media side of the business has grown so much that I set up The Net Advantage Ltd in April 2011 to handle to multinational clients I was starting to pick up – worldwide domination awaits
Outside of work I’m wife to a gorgeous husband and mum to two beautiful boys who keep me on my toes 24/7! If I ever get any free time I like the simple pleasures in life: exploring beautiful scenery, going to the cinema or indulging in my love of food and fine wine (more of that below).
If you want to find out more about my background and view more testimonials, please go to my LinkedIn profile.
20 things you didn’t know about me…
1. I was on the box of the MB board game ‘Twister’ (let’s just say it was a long time ago *coughs 1989*)
2. I love numbers & words – I can take a car licence plate and change it all into numerals and then words (!)
3. I want to go on Countdown (no surprise given no.2 above)
4. I can’t sing for toffee
5. I love Gerbera
6. I was born in 1974 and I’m a definite scorpio, sting in the tail
7. I’m not a fan of dogs (seeing a friends fingers being bitten off when I was 9 has that effect)
8. I love Birds of Prey and Wild Animals
9. I drive fast – only way to drive
10. I’ve lived and worked in England, Switzerland, France, New York and Chicago
11. Purple is my favourite colour
12. I just liking putting smiles on people’s faces – life is too short to be sad for too long
13. I’m a reluctant runner (purely to try to keep up with my boys)
14. Watching people win races (athletics, bike, you name it) makes me cry – go figure
15. I was a pretty mean rounders player back in my school days
16. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my boys and my husband laughing together – pure joy
17. My first album I bought was by David Essex – I don’t think my taste has improved much
18. When I’m not being entirely challenged and driven, I have a really bad lazy streak, drives me bonkers
19. If I see a problem I have to try to fix it
20. I set very high expectations of myself and those around me – it’s a double-edged sword
Many many thanks to @JanMinihane for giving me perspective & clarity & the fighting spirit to reclaim, without apologies, my mojo!
Kelly Ward, Mrs Mopp Cleaning Services
Social Media and Twitter, will it ever make sense? Well I did not think I would ever understand the world of ‘Twitter’ and how to ‘tweet’ until I met Jan Minihane. Wow what a difference two tutorials make with someone who can teach, guide you and make you feel you are not alone when you feel out of your depth!!. Jan Minihane is an exceptional tutor, and a constant support even after the tutorials are finished! Fantastic lady – so if you are confused by Social Media, call this wonderful lady, its affordable, fun and worth every minute
June Watts, Reprographix Design & Print Centre
More testimonials can be viewed on my LinkedIn profile here